The Vein Treatment Center
Sclerotherapy is a nonsurgical office procedure used to eliminate visible spider or varicose veins by injection of a concentrated solution through a tiny needle. spider vein treatment varicose veins treatment
This procedure is the most common for varicose vein treatment in the event that laser treatment of the vein is not feasible. This procedure is also done under local anesthetic and involves mapping the veins, numbing these areas and making micro punctures in the skin whereby the veins can be “teased” out with tiny hooks. In many cases, patients who have only visible spider veins need mini phlebectomies to eliminate the reticular varicosities that lie beneath the skin. These reticular veins are the “feeders” to the spider veins and must be treated before the spider veins themselves are treated. If the hidden reticular veins are not removed, any treatment of the spider veins will result in a waste of time and money as these spider veins will continue to reform in the same area.
EVLT® eliminates unsightly varicose veins with no hospital stay, no scarring and no lengthy recovery or side effects. In less than an hour you can be free from bulging, twisted varicose veins and back to enjoying your everyday activities. EVLT® is safe, fast, and effective. With EVLT® by Diomed you can show off your legs again.
We invite you to use this web-site to learn about vein disease, compare treatment alternatives, hear what other patients and the media are saying, and then, if you think you’re a candidate, find a local physician trained in performing EVLT®.
EVLT® uses targeted laser energy to seal the vein shut and help you look and feel better fast.
* Treatment in less than an hour.
* Can be performed in the doctor’s office.
* Up to 98% success rate.
* Rapid relief of symptoms.
* Return to normal activity – with little or no pain.
* No general anesthesia or hospitalization.
Here’s what to expect from the EVLT® procedure:
* Your doctor uses ultrasound to map out your vein.
* Local anesthetic is applied.* A thin laser fiber is inserted through a tiny entry point, usually near the knee.
* Laser energy is delivered to seal the faulty vein.
* Walking immediately after the procedure is encouraged. Normal daily activity can be resumed; just avoid rigorous activities such as gym workouts.
* There may be minor soreness and bruising. Any discomfort can be treated with over-the-counter, non-aspirin pain relievers as necessary.